Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

gif file not animating in a MySpace photo gallery

Status
Not open for further replies.

bkoopers

IS-IT--Management
Apr 26, 2005
US
Four months ago, I created an animated 5 sequence gif using Adobe Photoshop CS2 and Adobe ImageReady and uploaded it as one of my 12 MySpace photo gallery images. The animation works correctly. Today I created a new animated 10 sequence gif but when I upload it to the MySpace gallery, only the first image is displayed (it does not cycle through the images).

Here is the one that sequences in the MySpace gallery:

LOURDS_5_image_sequence.gif

Here is the one that does not sequence in the MySpace gallery:

LOURDS_10_image_sequence.gif

I cannot find any difference between the settings between the two gif files when looking at them in Adobe ImageReady and they both animate on a normal webpage.

I tried taking the 5 image gif file and changed the images to the 10 image sequence and resaved it but still it does not animate at MySpace.

You can check out the MySpace gallery with these two gif's below and you can see one animates and the other does not:

Can anyone tell me why the 10 image gif does not animate at the MySpace gallery or what I can do to get it to animate there?

Thanks to anyone who can help me out.

I just checked the MySpace gallery with Internet Explorer (IE) 6.0, Firefox 1.06, Netscape 7.2 and Opera 7.52 and only IE does not show the 10 sequence animated GIF (the other web browsers do).

Why would only IE not show an animated gif on the same MySpace web page where it does show another gif animated and why does this only impact IE? Is there anything I can do to get IE to display that second gif animated on that web page?

I don't believe they have a GIF embed limit.

Yesterday, I replaced that 10 sequence animated GIF at that MySpace gallery with the same exact file and now it animates viewed with Internet Explorer at MySpace. I don't know what MySpace did to cause the problem but they fixed it so now there is no problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back