Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

GIF Animates slowly

Status
Not open for further replies.

crazybeans128

Programmer
Aug 5, 2003
US
I have a site I am designing and on this site there a few animated GIF images. Firefox does just fine displaying the images, however when viewed in IE their speed is much slower, 10/100 of a second instead of the 5/100 I designed them with. Here is an example of the images on a site:

Hopefully someone can help me on this soon, I've scoured google and came up with nothing.

I assume that the images are those attached to the menu items.
I am viewing in IE6 and they appear ok.

Keith

I think it's an IE thing.
I produced some fun animations a while back and some involved rapid movement and correspondingly short durations for frames.

All looked OK in the animation program, but when viewed in IE the animation progressed at a much slower rate.

I think IE must have some feature to limit the minimum duration of a frame - let's await official confirmation from one of the learned ones. :-}

Regards, Andy.
My pathetic attempts at learning HTML can be laughed at here:
Hot Fusion

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back