Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Gibabyte GA-7DX upgrading DDR 2100 ram

Status
Not open for further replies.

Neo81

Technical User
Aug 16, 2001
AU
Hey people

I have been running my Athlon 1800+ nicely on my Gigabyte 7DX mainboard for a bit now and just picked up another 256 pc2100 ram to install.... when I install the new stick or Apacer pc2100 CL2 ram the system doesn't start and gives slow post beeps ... I take the ram out and she's normal again .... what could I be doing wrong ... the existing ram is 256 ddr266 ram which works fine ... is there any settings for ddr ram they that you need to change ?

Thanks

Later
NEo81 >:):O>

What is the sequence of beeps? Like... Long - Short - Short. Long - Short - Short - Short ?

Please post so that we can better help you. We are always looking for new members at our computer forums: Please come join our community too.

Probably incompatable RAM issue or just bad RAM. If you do not like my post feel free to point out your opinion or my errors.

the post beep on one machine is beep(long) beep(long) beep(long) continuesly but then i tried it in my P4 machine .... takes pc2100 and does the same thing .... I also got a exchange stick and it does the same thing ... I am now just going to get a different brand from another company .... so that should be better ..... what a pain in the coit ....

Later

continuous long beeps are system saying it has RAM issues...it must need a cyber-therapist! Email me! denodave@yahoo.com
Real men pray...especially techies!

Thanks for ya help fellaz, I actually sent the ram I just brought back to the company and picked myself up the same type of ram from another company .... and it worked :)

Later

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back