Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

GHTROUT - Analog audit information

Status
Not open for further replies.

SStieferman

Technical User
Sep 23, 2005
US
GHTROUT - last year I found a post of yours with a link to a photo. It was a picture of an analog tester that had some amp connectors and leds or lights on it.

Do you have the link or another picture? This one no longer works.

he hasn't been around for a while but all you need is to wire one side of the line in series with a neon lamp.. i built mine with a 25 pair in and another out. you unplug the switch cable and plug the box in series with it. then call each ext. i used all 24 pair to test the older style cab's as well.

all i did was cut the tip side of the line and solder each end to a bulb, numbered the bulbs 0 to 16, then 0 to 7.. call the dn if the lamp does not light, out the station.

john poole
bellsouth business
columbia,sc

This is a good way to test and find analog phones...
However, Modems on the line will not show a kickback to the light. If you indicriminately delete all 500 sets that do not light the lamps, you may be removing lines for critcal modems as well. We use many modems here for monitoring of environmental equipment.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back