Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ghosting software question

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdam

IS-IT--Management
Jan 19, 2005
CA
Which is the best? cost is not important. say top 5 products available retail.

For Ghosting server to backup device. Raid 5 configuration.

Should I be ghosting each disk in the array seperately or the entire volume. Byte level is also required.

Thanks

I've been using R-Drive Image from lately and it works great for backup. If you're just looking to backup the system including partitions, this'll do it.

I use it on a RAID 1 in Win2003Server. Scheduled to do a full backup once a week. Incremental backups every day. Like anything else, practice with it using different settings to get the results you want.

Rick

Hi jdam,

If you’re thinking about taking images of servers, I think the best value for money is Microsoft ADS (Automated Deployment Services).
We have imaged more that 200 of our servers. It takes 10 -15 minutes to put the image back in case of server failure.
And the best thing: it’s free.
You can build base builds, DR images and all sorts of things. It really works.

Check it here:
I'm not sure if it will suit your needs, but because it's free, it's worth having a look.....

Michael

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back