Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

ghosting IBM servers

Status
Not open for further replies.

banalas

IS-IT--Management
May 23, 2001
US
i need to deploy 120 IBM e345 servers, so i created image from e345 server with Norton ghost, i was able to deploy the image on the machine from which i took image, but i am not able to deploy on the other server,

its not showing any error, the server will copy all the image but it will not boot to the OS.

any sugesstions please help

Thanks

Are the machines exactly the same (hardware-wise - same parts, same slots, etc.)? If you're using a RAID Controller, did you configure the array and logical drive on the target system? What message do you get when trying to boot the ghosted image? Does the machine complete POST?

Did you know you can use IBM's Remote Deployment Manager to perform cloned or unattended installation of the other machines without having to be at the machine or use a diskette/CD and you can schedule it to run overnight?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back