Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations gmmastros on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ghost USB stick.

Status
Not open for further replies.

techguy46

Technical User
Feb 12, 2011
GB
In so much of a rush, I inadvertently removed my 8GB USB stick without first 'ejecting' it. Now I have a permanent 'ghost' of the stick. I've tried putting the physical stick back in and ejecting it to no avail. Has anyone done such a foolish thing but managed to kill off the ghost?

Hi there all. Posting the solution that I have found to my problem in case anyone comes across it.
The system leaves the ghost drive visible, but moves the drive letter and any data to a newly created partition on the nearest available HDD.
Any partition management tool can delete it and free up the space. Thanks to any colleagues who have tried to find a solution for me.

Interesting behavior! Glad you were able to find a fix.

LoPath
Maintain HiPath 4000 V5 & V6, OpenScape Xpert V4 & V6, OpenScape Xpressions V7, OpenScape Contact Center V8, OpenScape Voice V9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back