Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ghost Text Box

Status
Not open for further replies.

xudito

Technical User
Sep 15, 2000
PT
Hi!
The problem: when i print certain pages of a document, text boxes appears and i want to delete them... but i can't see them in any view...and they are there! what can i do to select them and delete them?

Thanks
xudito@hotmail.com

Text boxes? Hmmm...

Anyway, set your zoom to Page layout or Print layout view, and whole-page.
Make sure you've got your drawing toolbar open and pick the selector tool--it looks just like your mouse pointer.
Click and drag an imaginary box around the entire page borders. This should select any drawing objects.

You can also try using the Edit-Go to and Find (hit more button and then special button), and choose, I believe "Objects".

You may need to go to Tools-Options-View tab and make sure "drawing objects" is selected. Make sure you're in print layout or page layout view to see them. Brainbench MVP for Microsoft Word
techsupportgirl@home.com

Dreamboat is correct. The best way to find text boxes (or any drawing object) is to select the Drawings's box at the top of the screen, and then click on the "arrow" on the drawings toolbar.

Then on the page that has the invisible text box, from the top left, keeping the mouse button pressed, drag from top left to bottom right and your text box (or any other drawings/objects) will be picked. You can then delete them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back