Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ghost Ring on Samsung 7030

Status
Not open for further replies.

probitascomms

Programmer
Jun 5, 2013
GB
Hi all,

My first post on the group.
I went out to a Samsung 7030 (with 4 analogue lines with CLIP enabled) today with the following fault.
Make an outbound call and call connects fine.
When the user clears the call within 5 secs they get a ghost ring of two rings then it stops. The display shows "no CLIP info"
The fault doesn't occur if the called party clears down first.
I tested this 10 times and couldn't re-produce the fault but the other way around and it's instant.
I discovered by disabling caller ID on all trunks the fault didn't occur.
I also connected my test phone in parallel with the line and when the ghost ring occurred it only rang the system and not the test phone. This proves it's a loop in the system and not a fault coming back from the PSTN so eliminating a possible mismatch of the call disconnect timers.
Now then.
Has anyone had this fault before?
I suspect a software bug but don't want to spend time upgrading it if it's an inherent problem with the 7030 using CLIP enabled analogue lines.
Any help appreciated.
Cheers
Ian.

You could try changing the clear wait timer in mmc 503 (2.6.3) to 10 from 5. This worked for me in the UK.

thanks cat
I tried various timers but can't remember that particular one without looking at the MMC on the phone.
Was this fault happening for you on CLIP lines or normal.
I know this isn't a BT mismatch as the ring fault comes from the system not BT.

Thanks.

Just normal analogue lines. I fiddled around with various things and this seemed to work.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back