Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ghost Images of LUNS

Status
Not open for further replies.

tbird1990

IS-IT--Management
Feb 12, 2008
US
I have recently added an EMC Clarion CX-310. The Dell engineer set it up so each one of the servers attached to it saw it's own 300GB LUN. On one of the servers I am seeing multiple LUNS on it. One true LUN and the others look like Ghost Images.

Example
Disk 4 Basic 300Gb Online
Disk 3 Unknown Unreadable
Disk 2 Unknown Unreadable

I am not quite sure what do with Disk 2 and 3.

How many LUNs does Naviphere show on that server?

You may just need to do a rescan on the server to remove them.

Denny
MCSA (2003) / MCDBA (SQL 2000)
MCTS (SQL 2005 / Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services 3.0: Configuration / Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007: Configuration)
MCITP Database Administrator (SQL 2005) / Database Developer (SQL 2005)

My Blog

There is 1 LUN in Navisphere for this server. I did a rescan on the disks in Computer Mangement on that server and it did not remove them.

Do you have Powerpath installed on the server?

Yes, I have power path installed on the server. I shows only 1 disk.

Try rebooting the host. I've had a couple of boxes that had phantom disks until I rebooted them.

Where there ever LUNs or local disks as disk2 and 3

Denny
MCSA (2003) / MCDBA (SQL 2000)
MCTS (SQL 2005 / Microsoft Windows SharePoint Services 3.0: Configuration / Microsoft Office SharePoint Server 2007: Configuration)
MCITP Database Administrator (SQL 2005) / Database Developer (SQL 2005)

My Blog

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back