Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ghost and XP Clone on same machine and reboot loop

Status
Not open for further replies.

faceh

MIS
Jul 17, 2001
US
Has anyone seen this problem.

I have a dell power edge 400sc I have installed XP on this machine and every single MS update / office and antivirus and all the tools. I create an image of this machine on the 2nd partition on the same drive so lets say on D:
Then I resotred the image from the 2nd partition to the first.
The system boots fine but as soon as it logs in it reboots it self "NO BUG CHECKS" "NO BSOD" I have tried restoring with the -FDSP and also reinstalled everything manually and created a new image and tried restoring to another drive I'm not using sysprep since I'm only restoring to 1 machine.

CAN SOMEONE PLEASE TELL ME WHAT I"M DOING WRONG.
Safe mode and last known good do not work on safe mode it hangs on agp440.sys

That's definitely weird. Maybe you could try having only one Windows Partition on an individual hard drive, and see if that works. I know that it's always been said that having multiple OS's on the same hard disk can cause problems, just never experience them. That would be my guess - unless it's more of a hardware issue. Just given that it is alwasy rebooting when gets to login would make me thing that it very well could be the power supply, or possibly something else, but my first guess is power supply (from personal experience).

Stephen [infinity]
"Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life:
no man cometh unto the Father, but by me." John 14:6 KJV

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back