Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ghost and Bandwith

Status
Not open for further replies.

moapple

MIS
Mar 29, 2001
US
My company is just moving to Ghost 7.5 from Drive Image 3.0. Anyway, I have run into a few problems mostly with AI deployment. I can deploy an image to approximately 20 pcs without a problem. However, when the AI's begin to deploy my network gets flooded with packets. Several times our deployments will fail due to loss of communication with the server or "client time out". Has anyone else run into this problem? The problem occurs rather the AI is 2MB to 800MB. I have contacted Symantec, but they are not being much help.

If all the Nic's are 10/100 and you are using a switch or hub that is 10/100 ensure you are using 100mbs full duplex on the settings of every card. This will increase your bandwidth if its not being done already, but should be common practice.

Regards
Tam
MCSE,MCSA

P.S that is the card of the ghost cast server(s)!!

Tam

Thanks for the suggestions, but Ghost only throttles the images not the AIs. I have found that some of our older network devices are not Layer 3 aware and/or don't support IGMP. This maybe part of the problem. Additional suggestions are still very much welcomed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back