Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ghost AI

Status
Not open for further replies.

LadyH

Technical User
Feb 3, 2000
US
We are exploring the use of Ghost AI (Symantec) at our site and want to know if anyone has had any experience with it and issues it may have caused (good and bad). Primarily we are looking into the possibility of it saving us disk space on the server (currently we are fighting a neverending space issue). We are looking to implement with Win 2000 and XP and would also like information about cross platform issues as well as any hardware issues that have been experienced. The systems we will be using are at least 1 year old Dells and will more then support the software we intend to use. Also, it has come to my attention there may be issues with menu configuration, anyone had any issues of this type?

pcheather@yahoo.com

We use Ghost 7 at our site. I ran into problems with Novell Client issues. I wouldn't recommend trying to run the Ghost Client feature ( on the workstations ) with Novell 5 or less. Perhaps Novell 6 wouldn't have a problem, since it does not need a client.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back