Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Ghost 8.0 add Dell 6650 with Broadcom Onboard NICS

Status
Not open for further replies.

zalaska

IS-IT--Management
Sep 12, 2007
US
Hello. I am trying to Ghost (Ghostcast Server) an image onto a Dell 6650 with a Broadcom 57 onboard NIC. I cannot seem to get the NIC on the Dell 6650 to pass data with my server that has the image file. I tried downloading new Broadcom drivers and creating a new ghost network bootdisk but have negative results. If I install a PCI NIC, everything works fine. But installing a PCI NIC is not feasable for us. Anyone know how solve the issue between Ghost 8.0 and Broadcom?? Thanks...

If I install a PCI NIC, everything works fine.
Why not continue down that road? I mean, if the NIC works, install the image, then install the Broadcom drivers, take out the PCI NIC, and configure the onboard NIC...

at work, we have had similar problems with build in Intel PRO 1000's and PXE boot installs, to cut the story short we could not change the BOOT image (different Contractor, who disliked us supplying our hardware to a third party)...

Ben

"If it works don't fix it! If it doesn't use a sledgehammer..."

How to ask a question, when posting them to a professional forum.

A silly question but did you enable PXE boot on the Dell? Does it even get as far as the PXE server?

Did you use the Ghost Network Disk maker to try and make a new disk?

Simon

The real world is not about exam scores, it's about ability.

I have tried it with PXE enabled and also disabled, with negative results.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back