Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

GFS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Puma2009

Technical User
Jun 8, 2009
US
Hi, Im new to this backup software and I want to use the GFS rotation scheme. Im planning to have two pools, one with productive data, which needs to be back up daily and the other with my file servers information, which will be incremental with full backup in Friday. My backup device has 8 slots, so, yes I have 8 tapes in it. Im planning to use 4 for daily, 3 for weekly and 1 for monthly, but I need to check my amount of data to see if I will not need more than 1 tape. How can I configure this to happend? for example one session to use 2 tapes? Is my planning scheme good or what can you recommend me to modify?

Thank you.

Each GFS job has its own set of tapes, so the two jobs cannot use the same tape for backup.

Combine all the data into one job. Unless one set has to be sent off site there is no need to have two jobs.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back