Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

GFI Mailessential Rule manager issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shando

IS-IT--Management
Mar 5, 2008
US
Hi,
I have 2 exchange 5.5 servers, installed on a windows 2000 advanced server OS, I also have GFI mailessential 14.00 just installed on a stand alone box on a windows 2003 member server with IIS 6 on it, all the servers are behind a firewall, the gfi box gets all the inbound emails and forward them to the exchange servers.
Everything is working fine email flow wise, and GFI is catching the spam as it supposes to, but I have 2 problems;

1-Emails are getting tagged with [spam] in the subject field and goes to the users mailboxes, I installed the rule manager for GFI on both servers and I run it to configure all the mailboxes to forward the spam emails to the junk folder (I made sure the same exact phrase [spam] is matching the phrase on the action tab on the GFIs server side, I see it runs its course but the spam remains in the users mailboxes and nothing is received in the junk folder at all.
2-The mailboxes I see in the rule manager wizard are only the ones on the main exchange server, none of the accounts on the other server showing, I ran the wizard from both exchange servers with no avail.

Thanks for your help..Shando

Spam - send it in the header instead.
Rules - can't you run for the domain not individual mailboxes?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back