Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

GFi MailArchiver, any recommendation?

Status
Not open for further replies.

newtoitall

Technical User
Jun 16, 2005
GB
Hi

My public folder mail store is huge!!

Users are complaining about the seek time for finding old emails.

Was thinking of purchasing this GFI mainachiver to move emails onto a NAS.

Can anyone comment on whether this is a good solution for lifting emails from public and private mail store? Does anyone have any reservations?

thanks

I've deployed it for a couple of clients. They needed SOX compliance, and it worked great. Dumped their mail into a SQL database, and it was all searchable.

You don't mention how big your store is ("huge" is relative). Also, enabling text indexes would certainly help with the searching issue.

Pat Richard, MCSE MCSA:Messaging CNA
Microsoft Exchange MVP

You don't mention how big your store is ("huge" is relative).

Well the phyical space on disk for ;

Public Store -
pub1.edb = 38.1 GB
pub1.stm = 764 MB

Private Store -
priv1.STM = 15.9 GB
priv1.STM = 10.7 GB

Probably doesn't sound like a huge amount compared with larger organisations that have multiple sites , loads of staff etc.

Also, enabling text indexes would certainly help with the searching issue

How do I enable this? When I click on Full-Test Indexing tab under private and public store, the tick box is greyed out.

Thanks. That links did the trick. Search emails seems in the public store appears faster.,

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back