Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Getting two report rows out of one SQL server row

Status
Not open for further replies.

mpruett

Programmer
Jul 22, 2005
US
I'm stumped. I have data that looks kinda like this:

ID#, LNAME1, FNAME1, LNAME2, FNAME2.

What I'd like would be some way to print it like this:

ID#1 LNAME1, FNAME1
<page break>
ID#1 LNAME2, FNAME2
<page break>
ID#2 LNAME1, FNAME1
<page break>
ID#2 LNAME2, FNAME2
<page break>

and so on.

I just don't know how to set this up using Access' reporting capabilities. Does anyone have any idea how to do this?

Make a report with all 6 controls. Move all the #2 controls directly below all the related #1 controls. You'll then need to add some sort of grouping by the row's unique index and turn on it's group footer. Then set the footer's "Force New Page Property" to "After Section".

Sorting and Grouping can be found by right clicking where the two rulers meet in design view (there is also a little black square there).

You can activate a reports footer's properties by right clicking the grey bar that is it's heading for the section. I hope this is all specific enough for you.

There is a page break control in the tool box that inserts page breaks where ever you want in your section.

Duane MS Access MVP
[green]Ask a great question, get a great answer.[/green] [red]Ask a vague question, get a vague answer.[/red]
[green]Find out how to get great answers faq219-2884.[/green]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back