Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Getting to know what space is on the drive and what is on the drive.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamba

MIS
Apr 5, 2001
US
I know this is a very simple question, but I am very new to SCO UNIX. I am relitively knowledgable on AIX. What I am looking for is a way to see how my drives are set up and what is on them. I have 2 17GB drives mirrored. When I do a dfspace it shows 3 volumes which don't add up to the 17GB. What can I do to see where all of my data is and how much room is left. I was under the impression that the space did not show up unless it was assigned to a volume. Is that correct?

df -v for filespace used and remaining.
fdisk would show how the hard drives are set up except it may not show correctly on mirrored drives.
Space shows if it is allocated, part of the filesystem. Ed Fair
efair@atlnet.com

Any advice I give is my best judgement based on my interpretation of the facts you supply.

Help increase my knowledge by providing some feedback, good or bad, on any advice I have given.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back