Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

getting to know extreme switch ver 12.3.4.12 boss bought a new one how to make it stackable

Status
Not open for further replies.

arcolino

Technical User
Sep 5, 2003
US
hello all, we have a extreme switch ver 12.3.4.12 we just bought a new switch. I would like to make it "stackable" how is this process done? I checked the extreme website saw some info about one has to be master I did not see info on how to do this and what cable I will need?

update, I read how to the stackable process with the switches, but did not see how to do this with the switch that I want to make the primary is already is use. any ideas?

You need the 16106 stacking cable, two if you want a ring topology. If the switch doesn't have the stacking module (16419) or built in stacking ports you will need this. After your connect them together log into the switch you want to be the master and enter this command - configure stacking easy-setup

Make sure you save your configuration first before you configure stacking easy-setup because once you do that good bye configs.
Also may want to look into upgrading you stacking XOS to 12.5.4.5 path 1-15 is stable. I think they have 12.5.4.5 patch 1-20 may want to check that out.
You definetly want to get two of those cables to make a ring topology 1-2 2-1 is the way you connect those cables in the back.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back