Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Getting Time Out Error on Crystal Enterprise

Status
Not open for further replies.
Apr 21, 2010
US

I am getting this error when I run the report in Crystal Enterprise. Is there a place I can modify the Runtime so it doesnt time out. THanks

Server Error in '/businessobjects' Application.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Request timed out.
Description: An unhandled exception occurred during the execution of the current web request. Please review the stack trace for more information about the error and where it originated in the code.

Exception Details: System.Web.HttpException: Request timed out.

Source Error:

An unhandled exception was generated during the execution of the current web request. Information regarding the origin and location of the exception can be identified using the exception stack trace below.

Stack Trace:

[HttpException (0x80004005): Request timed out.]

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Version Information: Microsoft .NET Framework Version:1.1.4322.2443; ASP.NET Version:1.1.4322.2407

Hi,
What are you attempting to do when this occurs?

[profile]

To Paraphrase:"The Help you get is proportional to the Help you give.."

Hi,
To clarify my question ( since it was a little broad), do you get this when you attempt to launch the report or after you try to run it ( if any parameters are used do all values for them cause the timeout or a specific set)?

How does it run stand-alone?

[profile]

It is while im running the report. If i run the report from Tomcat it runs. But when im running from IIS its timing out. But, yes it has parameters, but users wants those. Is there a setting in the script that changes the time out. It seems like its timing out from 90 secs to 2 mins

Hi,
BO does have timeouts that can be set in the CMC for the page and job servers ( and maybe others)..IIS also has some timeout limits but I am not sure where to modify them ( web.config maybe?)

[profile]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back