Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Getting the VLAN an Interface is in via SNMP

Status
Not open for further replies.

LizardKingSchwing

Programmer
Oct 12, 2001
NL
Hi

Is there a way (mib etc.) via SNMP to retrieve the VLAN an Interface is associated with.

e.g via ifname ->FastEthernet01

ifIndex -> 01

etc.

Any help would be great

Cheers

LK--<

p.s I.m using SNMP++ via VC++ program for all snmp interaction ....

hi,

the ifDescr property will return what type of interface it is of...please use this oid using snmpget..
.1.3.6.1.2.1.2.2.1.2.1 But the thing is it depends upon the device u are doing snmp get...But the above oid will return what type of interface it is of...
And you CANNOT set this value to some other as we wish ...because it is a readonly variable...
And MIB doesn't contain the values of interfaces...it only contains the oid structures...
thanks
sireesh

Hi!

In General Vlan information, What properties i need in this
------------------------
table, And by using which oid's ?

Please help me, same for Vlan configuration table.
------------------------

anu.

MeetMeIndia,

You can find this out yourself. I do not want to say that I do not want to asnwer but I think what I type below is usefull for you. Besides.. like a previous poster said.. it depends on the device you want to query.

What I always do when I get a new device is do an snmpwalk on the switch using the readwrite comm string and put it in a file.

Then look for a known value. Like if you want to know vlan information do a search on a vlan you have configured in the switch. This will get you close or maybe exactly to where hte information is you need.

If there are no mibs installed on the machine you are doing the snmpwalk from, then go to : to find out what an OID you found means.

InDenial

Hello sir,

Can u tell me, switch property &quot;VLAN&quot; supports which MIB(CISCO 2900 or other).

anu.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back