Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

getting the value of a custom tag

Status
Not open for further replies.

ttrinh

MIS
Jan 21, 2002
AU
Hi ,

I have a date dropdown that is made up of 3 comboboxes. It is created from a custom tag. The tag is like
<cf_datedropdowns dayStyle=&quot;width:35&quot; monthStyle=&quot;width:90&quot; yearStyle=&quot;width:55&quot;
name=&quot;process&quot;
startyear=&quot;1999&quot;
endyear=&quot;2007&quot;
selected=&quot;#CreateDate(2001,1,5)#&quot;
formname=&quot;thisform&quot;
dateformat=&quot;yyyy-mm-dd&quot;
noneoption=&quot;---&quot;
show=&quot;yes&quot;>

I need to check when a user edits this date. So far I have not been able to do it as I am not able to get the value of the new date in a string format without the accompanying comboboxes. I need the value before they are updated in the database which is what happens when user changes the date then leave the screen

Can anyone help?
TIA

Even though the date selector is built using a custom tag, it more than likely still builds it as standard form elements (remember, a custom tag isn't a true function... it's only run once, when the page is first rendered... unless you're using the advanced CFFUNCTION programing available in MX). So the tag MUST output as standard HTML to the browser.

Without seeing the code for CF_DATEDROPDOWNS, I'd guess that they're building standard <SELECT> boxes... which you'd be able to grab the value of when the form is submitted. Hope it helps,
-Carl

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back