Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

getting the column values in a grid

Status
Not open for further replies.

vnbabu

Programmer
Jul 15, 2003
IN
Hello Everyone.

I want to get value of each column of the grid in a row, How do I achive it.

My problem In detail

Grid recordsource is a SQL Query.

My Grid has three columns - : 1 column - String , 2 column - Date & 3 column - Numeric

messagebox(thisform.grid1.column1.text1.value)
messagebox(dtoc(thisform.grid1.column2.text1.value))
messagebox(str(thisform.grid1.column3.text1.value))

When I put this code in the double click even of the Grid.

I get correct value of the column in whcih the cursor is active, regarding the other 2 columns only pervious values are displayed. Why is this ? What is my mistake ! If I activate the coloumn each time by using activatecell I get the correct value.

Is this the way to get value of the coulumns in a grid ? or any other perfect way.

Please help me out

Thank you all in advance.

Regards

Babu

maybe you need to do a refresh() ?
thisform.refrsh()
-Bart

Babu,

When I put this code in the double click even of the Grid.

Did you mean to say grid? Have you tried putting the code in the double-click of each individual textbox?

Mike

Mike Lewis
Edinburgh, Scotland

My Visual Foxpro web site: My Crystal Reports web site:

I agree wholeheartedly with BPeisch. unless you are doing some display formatting with the textboxes or they are your own class and you have some special code running in a value_access method, there is no reason to access the values of the control. Grab the value from recordsource of the grid using the controlsource of the column (or textbox).

boyd.gif

[sub]craig1442@mchsi.com[/sub][sup]
"Whom computers would destroy, they must first drive mad." - Anon​
[/sup]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back