Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Getting strange calls from callpilot

Status
Not open for further replies.

no-sme-here

Programmer
Aug 21, 2009
US
A department on our option11 is getting intermittent calls and the display shows a "cpilotx" (x being the port) for the internal name and below that it shows the DN for the port and there is silence on the line. No one there. It happens at indeterminate times, unable to reproduce it either. The phone getting the calls is the default/attendant/rotary destination on the callpilot auto-attd, fyi.
Any ideas on how to isolate/troubleshoot please?
I get the port and extension of the call pilot port. How can I look backwards to trace?
Thanks all.

The fail, busy path on your applications are pointing towards the rotary path/attendant. Change the path or add a xfer block and point your default/fail/busy to that number directly instead of going throug the rotary block, where they hear please wait while your call is being xfer.
The reason for the silence could be that the caller is hearing, your call cannot be completed at this time, please wait while your call is xfer - caller probably hung up already, while CP was making the xfer.

Thank you. I'll make that change and see if it goes away. Much appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back