Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Getting started with VFP 7 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

mover50

Programmer
Aug 3, 2004
US
I have VFP 7 installed and am now trying to learn it. Have done some google searches on tutorials and find them lacking.
Also find there is a dirth of books on VFP7. I have gone through the help menu and am hoping I can find something more hands on than that.
Would like to find a fast track tutorial, since I do not need anything that goes into the basics of programming and OOPs type coding or basic data base design.
Any suggestions for a good starting place?

Thanks,

Kent

Kent

Hi Kent,

Welcome!

The most helpful book for me was Fundamentals by Whil Hentzen. It was written for VFP6, but most of it applies to all versions. It, and other books, are available at
Regards,

Mike

Thanks Mike and Dave,

I have already checked out those sites and I have a VFP 3 book and did want to have to purchase another book.
What I was hoping for was a tutorial that is specifically for VFP 7.
The VFP 3 book I have is a struggle and it seems like I spend most of my time relating to the changes rather than just following along.
Looks like I may have to make do with what I have.

Thanks and regards,

Kent

I apologize. used to have a step-by-step tutorial using VFP6, which would have worked quite swell for your needs.
But it looks like it is no longer available, at least from what I could see. Maybe a little more poking around on the web site would yeild some results.

-Dave Summers-
[cheers]
Even more Fox stuff at:

Thanks Cricket,
That might just be the ticket.

Kent

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back