Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Getting Started with IPO 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

cemtiger

Technical User
Mar 17, 2016
US
Hi,

I am an experienced tech with a company that has been around since the 90s. We have always worked on and sold Nortel, Partner, Magix, etc. The trouble is, we want to get into IP Office and can't figure out how. I've worked on plenty of them and understand the basics, but I'm looking for somewhere to actually learn how BEST to implement them. I have read a number of forum posts stating to get a login to Avaya, etc etc. I can't find a single person to talk to at Avaya to figure out how to get a login?

All I want is to be able to learn the system, know how to properly implement it, without paying some third party vendor online thousands of dollars for night courses. I read a lot of folks saying you need an ACSS. Is this where you start? If something explaining the steps to becoming proficient in IPO is in the forum, I haven't found it and not for lack of trying.

I would just love to be able to actually chat with someone who is there and has their certs and understand what it takes to get into the study and learn the software. I have never seen a more complicated process to learn a phone system. I have found asterisk systems, NECs, Toshibas, etc. that make getting access to training far easier than this seems. What am I doing wrong?

I really appreciate any and all help. Have a great day! :)

Take a look at Avaya-Learning.com - that's where you're going to get started. Training isn't cheap, sorry to say. But that's the best and most legitimate way to learn how to implement IP Office, and you can get your online certifications at the same time (APSS, AIPS, ASPS). The proctored exams like the ACSS will cost a good amount of money and you need to do them in-person at a testing facility.

IPOfficeInfo.com has just about every user and installer guide available for IP Office and updates them regularly. It's a great resource, but poor for training purposes.

I should also mention that you can register for an account at sso.avaya.com

Avaya sell through distribution channels, find your local/nearest Avaya distributer and approach them, they will get you set up as a Business Partner and they will typically offer the training to get started, classroom training is always better than online

I must say you're coming into IP Office at a bad time, they're about to deliver a real blow to people that will make the system more difficult and expensive to sell and maintain :)

There are also Youtube videos. I can't vouch for how good they are, as I took a 40 hour course, and have been practicing over a decade. Can't wait til I learn to do it right. [cook]

Dermis and feline can be divorced by manifold methods.*
*(Disclaimer for all advise given)--'Version Dependent'

I self taught myself how to program an avaya ip 500 v2 that was donated to my small office from a friend.

The toughest part was getting a login credentials to download the software updates from avaya.

I think avaya manager software is pretty easy to use to program the system.

and I purchased extra licenses from atlasphones and thetelecomspot, unless someone can recomend somebody cheaper.

My only other experience with phone systems was Avaya Partner ACS 7.0 from my old office space.

As amriddle said sign up to become a dealer.
Then get an SSO login so you can download all the documents.
Order a demo kit and spend as much time a possible with it.
You’ll need to hook-up real lines to the demo system so you can make and take calls.
Setup telephone system scenarios that you have used in the past to gain knowledge on the IPO.
The ACSS exam will be difficult if you just have a couple of installs.

To what does amriddle01 refer: "...they're about to deliver a real blow to people that will make the system more difficult and expensive to sell and maintain."?

I appreciate all of the responses and help very much. I just wanted to make sure I wasn't off in my thinking I had to go straight to Avaya-Learning. Again, I appreciate you taking the time to respond thoughtfully.

I was also curious what amriddle01 was talking about when he said "...they're about to deliver a real blow to people that will make the system more difficult and expensive to sell and maintain."

Thanks again everyone.

cemtiger

@amriddle01 - Basic User? IPOSS? PLDS?

;-)

ACSS (SME)

@cemtiger
Have a star for asking how to learn IPO and not to ask for really basic programming tasks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back