Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

getting started tutorial with .Net app, got Error 1406

Status
Not open for further replies.

zatopek

Programmer
Aug 30, 2005
FR
(Wise for Windows Installer 6.0 Pro)

Hello,

I just need a basic installer for my .Net software and the instructions given in the Getting Started Guide's tutorial seem to feet my needs. The tutorial works fine with the given example but with my .Net sources, I encounter those errors during install :

Erreur 1406 Impossible d'écrire la valeur VersionMinor dans la clé /products/9AA4E33C046AD674D89C9C6F7686B862\InstallProperties Verifiez que vous disposez des droits sufissants pour cette clé ou contactez votre service de support technique

Erreur 1406 Impossible d'écrire la valeur VersionMinor dans la clé
/Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\uninstall\{C33E5AA9-A640-476D-8DC9-C9F667688B26}.
Verifiez que vous disposez des droits sufissants pour cette clé ou contactez votre service de support technique

Which means : Error 1406, Can't wright Version Minor value in the key ... Verify that you do possess the appropriate rights for this key or contact the technical support...

And if I ignore these erros during install...my software works fine.

Notice that:

- there is no error during test procedure
- no keys were registered in Feature Details\Registry
- I've administror rights
- .Net Application is selected in Product Details\Application type

Can someone help me produce a cleaner installer ?

In advance, thanks for your help.

Zatopek

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back