Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Getting Server Access in Pervasive Control Center

Status
Not open for further replies.

cstrahm

IS-IT--Management
Nov 12, 2007
US
-Macola 7.5.102c
-Pervasive 2000i (7.3)
-Netware 6.0

We had a Raid drive fail, fixed now, and it appears some of the Macola BTR files are corrupted, major or minor I do not know yet. I get the Error-2 when trying to do some simple report listings in Macola.

So I was trying to use PCC to get into the BTR files and see if I can rebuild them, check them, etc. I think I setup everything right in PCC, and got registered the NW server location.

But for some reason I keep getting "Cannot connect to server, cannot find server on network" whenever I try to get anything displayed on the data.

It takes my username/passord for the server, I turned off Local engine access, and also the Pervasive analyzer comm tests pass fine.

Why won't this Damn PCC connect! I though it was perhaps an ODBC issue, I went in there, but nothing I do seems to solve it. Tried from several different workstations, same result. Been through the help files and web.

Is there some trick? What am I missing?

Chris.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back