Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Getting rid of Discounts in AP

Status
Not open for further replies.

brisysconsulting

Technical User
Mar 31, 2003
US
I have a client running multiple companies (45) in PT Complete 2003. They just fired an employee. They are now cleaning up the mess this person made. The companies are loaded with 12% discounts to vendors in Accounts Payable. These are wrong. There are no discounts.

If I am correct...I must removed the discount via MAINTAIN then DEFAULT INFORMATION then VENDORS, and remove the discount info.

Now I believe I also have to go into MAINTAIN then VENDORS then choose the PURCHASE DEFAULTS tab and remove each discount setting and put it back to their standard 30 Days Net.

***** Is there a faster way to do this? *********

This company has 45 companies and each has about 40 vendors!!!! I get paid by the hour but I would love to find a fast, efficient method to do right by my client and impress them too.

Thanks in advance,
Brian - Mt. Laurel NJ

The fastest way is to change the default for the discounts under Maintain, Default Information, Vendors. Once you change the default, all vendors set up to use the default should now have the discount setting (without having to change them one by one in Maintain Vendors).

If the 12% discount was set up as a specific setting for each vendor, then you must change each vendor back to use the standard default under Maintain Vendors.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back