Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Getting records of a Group 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

sikar

Programmer
Jun 4, 2003
US
In my report i am Grouping on a particular field.i have put all the fields to be shown in the 'details Section'.One of these fields is a flag.Now if the value of the flag changes in the Group only then i need to show all the Records of that group else i need not show the records for that Group. Say the value of flag is 'Y'.if within that Group for some record if the value of flag is 'N' then show all the records for the Group. But if the value of flag remains 'Y' for all the records in the Group do not show the Records for that Group.
I tried to get this using previous and next in the GroupSelectionFormula but it did not work.
Please help me to achieve this.

Not sure if I understand correctly, but why don't you do a conditional surpression, e.g. if the fag = N then show the flag = y then supress
I hope I understood you correctly

as long as you aonly have N and Y as your flags you should be able to compare the Min Value for a group against the Max value for the group.

i.e.

//Details section suppression formula.
if Minimum ({Table.Flag}, {Table.Group}))<> Maximum ({Table.Flag}, {Table.Group})) then False

HTH

Gary Parker
Systems Support Analyst
Manchester, England

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back