Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Getting "The socket was disconnected unexpectedly" message

Status
Not open for further replies.

blueskyy

Technical User
Apr 1, 2010
US
I have Goldmine 6.0. I was in the process of emailing out and there was an attachment that was not suppose to go with that email. Goldmine was in the process of 'downloading' the attachment before actually sending the email when I hit 'cancel'. Everything stopped, and that was fine. I set the email to send again, only this time I removed the attachment. When I clicked 'send' I got the dialogue box: "The socket was disconnected unexpectedly". I receive emails fine, but can't send out. I am using the POP3 and SMTP servers associated with my business account, and it's always worked. Any suggestions on how to deal with this problem would be greatly appreciated..!!

Thank you.

Thank you for that suggestion to re-boot, and I apologize for not putting in my original description that I re-booted about 3 times..!! Turns out it wasn't so much a Goldmine problem (although I did re-index the database, unfortunately to no avail), as much as it was the server on my business account that was not accepting the smtp settings. It probably never liked 25 as the setting in the first place, and the canceling during emailing put it over the edge..!! Anyway, I was able to use software to bypass those settings, use a specific IP address, and it's working fine now. I truly appreciate you taking the time to respond, and I have a number of minor issues that need addressing, so I may be contacting you directly...

Many times when it will not accept port 25, port 2525 is utilized instead.

Reindexing your GoldMine database can never hurt.

Purging your TLogs in GoldMine can never hurt.

Proper backup of your GoldMine can never hurt.

DJ Hunt
Phone: (978)2-3333
- The Hacker's Guide to GoldMine Premium
- One-on-One GoldMine Technical Support ( Fee Based )

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back