Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Getting "microsoft office access feature"

Status
Not open for further replies.

adamstuff

Technical User
Sep 13, 2005
US
Hi folks,
Things were going reasonably well, until some of my users starting bumping into this error. When they open a database, they get a thermometer window that says Installing: Microsoft Office Access Feature. They never saw that before. The program seems to open OK, but click on any button on the switchboard and an error occurs somewhere on the selected form, making it unuseable.
To make things worse, I can move a user to another computer, have them log on, and everything works! The only thing we've been able to see different is the new loading window, which I can't find any info on, but one place where the guy has the same symptoms but no answers. 2K3.
I've looked at other articles here and tried creating a new db and importing; lookied at references for VBA files and paths. Nothing has worked. I can only think that possibly the last MS security update was pushed down to these computers this week might have caused this. Help please!
Anyone have any clues?
TIA

Heisenberg was probably right.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back