Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Getting "Enter Parameter Value" popups

Status
Not open for further replies.

sstasiak

MIS
Feb 8, 2007
US
Hi all

When trying to open up my main form, I get a pop up box with title "Enter Parameter Value" and is asking me for MEDRECNO, which is the primary key in my main table. This main form has 2 subforms that are linked to it by the MEDRECNO.

If I click "Cancel" on the first popup, the same one pops up again. I click "Cancel" again and the form opens, except the 2 areas where the subforms should be is just an empty white area. If I click "OK" on both boxes, the subforms show, but I don't want to have those pop ups at all.

The relationships are set like this:

MEDRECNO(main form/table) 1 to many MedRecNum(foreign key of 'Regimen' table) "Enforce Referential Integrity" and "Cascade Update Related Fields" are checked

MEDRECNO(main table) 1 to many WtID(foreign key of 'Weight' table) same checked off as above

Everything worked fine until I deleted all records in all tables so I could enter new test data from scratch.

Any ideas on what's happening?

Everything worked fine until I deleted all records in all tables so I could enter new test data from scratch.

...Not too sure what you have done there, but (I'll hazard a safe guess...) I'm presuming you are just using the relationships window to set up your table relationships.
In any case the relationships are not being recognised, and that is why the forms are acting up. did you rename any fields in your table?
first back up.
Then try renaming all you tables to 'yourtblname_old', you can copy & paste structure only; give each copied table the old table name. rebuild your relationships. and test your forms.

Crabback

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back