Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

getting qry in 1 to many relationship..!!! Help Please~~

Status
Not open for further replies.

mk2lee1

MIS
Jul 8, 2003
US
Hi, I have this table called school, participation, and answer registration.
currently i have this qry
==================================================
SELECT [school].[schoolname], sum([participation].[numberofstudents]) AS totalStudent, sum([answerRegistration].[#Folders]) AS totalfolders
FROM school LEFT JOIN (participation LEFT JOIN AnswerRegistration ON [AnswerRegistration].[ParticipationID]=[Participation].[ParticipationID]) ON [school].[schoolid]=[participation].[schoolid]
GROUP BY [school].[schoolname];
==================================================
this query gives schoolname, number of students and number of folders. However I would like to add, the test date, which is a field in participation. Problem is one school can have more than one participation, and this qry is grouped by school. Is there a way that I could get the all these days.. school and its different participation.testDate?
please help me out on this.. thanks~~

I would just make a separate query for the test date and then make a JOIN query to show all the information in one place. In most cases, I find that this is the easiest (and sometime the ONLY) way to put this kind of information together. Hope this helps.

Michael
BASD IS/IT Dept

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back