Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Getting one to many error 174's 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

jdespres

MIS
Aug 4, 1999
US
I'm getting way too many error 174's.....

Following is a example:

bperror -U -problems -client AMER-EX01-bu
TIME SERVER/CLIENT TEXT
07/10/2006 14:59:37 cscbk03 AMER-EX01-bu attempted to write 104 gigabytes,
1499603516 bytes, it is not a multiple of 512
07/10/2006 15:00:07 cscbk03 AMER-EX01-bu backup of client AMER-EX01-bu exited
with status 174 (media manager - system error occurred)

The following two technotes apply:

I have checked all the following: [OK]

The problem I'm having is on the following:

When the debug parameter is inserted on the ini file on the windows box and the box is rebooted. It whacks the Console the Lotus Notes team uses to support the Lotus Notes app....

Solaris 9...NBU 4.5 fp9
Client systems are all windows...

Joe Despres

had the same problem..
I did not set the symantec recommended parameter because it is a parameter that seems to disable the console so it means that most of our tools will not work and we'll not have all the infos if the server crash. This parameter is having a big impact on our side so we can not set it.

but ! the answer of veritas tells that this parameter is only for domino 6 and we are in domino 5 so no need to set this parameter. In our case I think the problem is :

"The workaround is to remove any debug parameters from the Domino server's notes.ini file"

As we were debugging, we were having multiple debug parameters, I've removed all of them.

that seems to work.

We fixed our issues by replacing the nic card...

Thank you for the update.
Here's a star for you!

Bob Stump
Just because the VERITAS documentation states a certain thing does not make it a fact and that is truth.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back