Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Getting old .NET pages ready for today's web

Status
Not open for further replies.

JoeCool32

Programmer
Sep 26, 2002
US
You may consider this the dumb ? of the morning (or afternoon, evening, etc.), but I'm in need of major assistance on this.

Long ago (say, over a decade), I learned the .NET framework on the job and figured out how to build ASPX pages with VB code. Due to financial issues at the company I worked for I was let go; I had only been there for 11 months and found it hard to find work afterwards because companies wanted people with more experience. FWIW, I found sporadic work doing web-related stuff and was never able to fully get my portfolio up and running. Now, thanks to a free Front-End Web Development program at my local community college, I'm trying to more seriously get back in the game. I now have my basic web page portfolio live, but I wanted to get the older, richer and more dynamic .NET stuff working and things aren't going well. I can't even get them to come up properly from my local hard drive in the browsers, though the design shows up for them in Visual Studio 2015. What's to be done? [ponder]

JJ [peace]

Ignorance and prejudice and fear walk hand in hand - Witch Hunt, by Rush

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back