Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Getting office to work in NT4 with multiple users

Status
Not open for further replies.

CaTSCaN

MIS
Nov 21, 2001
CA
I work in a call centre and we have a computer that requires 2 people to access it. Now when I install Office the one user can access it fine the other gets locked out of all the programs. Now the one that can use it has a local profile on that computr and the other has her on computer but must use it for the week. Is there some way so that both users can use office.

The programs were loaded while logged under the one person's ID. For any user to be able to use all progs, the apps need to be installed logged in as an administrator.

I am not sure, but, you may be able to login as an adfministrator and then copy the profile for the user who can access the progs and copy it to All Users profile (or it could be \users\default)

HTH

Indu

That did't work. I installed it under Admin and copied the NTUSER.DAT of the user who can access it to the All Users folder and she still can't get access. I also gave her full control of the c: and still nothing.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back