Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Getting off a mobile carrier's "spam list"

Status
Not open for further replies.

PNWTelecomLady

Technical User
Nov 3, 2005
US
This pertains to Verizon at the moment but we expect to see it soon with the FTC's requirement for "protecting" customers from spam calls.

I currently work for a largish health system and our employees make a lot of calls to patients, providers, and employees' mobile numbers. Apparently this activity has gotten us flagged as "potential spam" or "spam risk" with Verizon, and so far I have had no luck getting through to anyone with VZN that can help us get off their naughty list. We're not spamming, we promise - we do appointment confirmations via a system called TeleVox and it calls to confirm appointments, remind patients to make appointments if they're due, etc. and it generates a lot of traffic. I can see where a carrier might consider it spam-like but we always have permission to call.

Has anyone had any luck with any avenue to get Verizon or other mobile carriers to reconsider your ANI as being not spam?

Had the same issue with Tmobile. Had to create an account then a ticket for my numbers at calltransparency.com

I'm in the same boat. We're an air ambulance provider, so if we're calling you, it's probably important! (We're typically calling ambulance services, hospitals or doctors.) Agree with phoneguy55... it will help, but no guarantees. The whole caller ID / spam world is like the wild west. There are many companies out there that provide caller ID/spam listings and they don't share with each other. So trying to get yourself whitelisted is a pain.

LoPath
Maintain HiPath 4000 V5 & V6, OpenScape Xpert V4 & V6, OpenScape Xpressions V7, OpenScape Contact Center V8, OpenScape Voice V9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back