Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Getting Null Data

Status
Not open for further replies.

chuito7

Technical User
Jan 5, 2005
US
Hi:

I'm trying to make an historical inventory report using CR 8.5, SQL Database. I have my Inventory Master table, Category table, Actual Inventory and Valuation Table and Transactions Table. I linked Item Master rightouter with category, actual inventory and transactions. Since the valuation method of my customer is FIFO, I need to substract the sum of transactions since now to the date specified in the report. My question is: If an item doesn't have transactions before the date specified in the report, how can I include it in the report? It has inventory and cost.

If you want items with no transactions, then choose Database > Visual Linking Expert and change the selection to Left Outer.

This will only work if there is no selection on the transactions.

To identify such transactions on your report, test isnull for some field on the transaction that would always have a value if the transaction exists.

[yinyang] Madawc Williams (East Anglia, UK). Using Windows XP & Crystal 10 [yinyang]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back