Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Getting Multiple Phones to Ring for one extension

Status
Not open for further replies.

evilzucchini

Programmer
Sep 17, 2008
Okay, here is the deal: I am near clueless when it comes to the phone system but I have been tasked with being in charge of it. I have been able to do a lot of the basic stuff, but I am currently stuck on something.

The system is a Nortel Networks system and we have Call Pilots 100/150.

In the lab we have an extension assigned to a guy, Carl. When I arrived at the company a few of the extensions ring in the lab, Don and Joe. A new guy, John, wants his extension to ring ono Carl's phone in the lab as well. However, I cannot figure how to get it to ring there.

Is it a setting in the Network? Is it a setting on Carl's phone? Is it a setting on John's phone? Do I have to set all three? Or some combination of two of the three?

I found something called "Answer DN" I am not even sure what that means, but it seemed promising, however, Don's settings are exactly the same as John's and it is not working.

Any suggestions?

The setting is on Carl's telephone. You need to add an Answer DN button on Carl's telephone with John's DN #.

Adversity is Opportunity

Thanks Dewey, that worked like a charm.

I got your message the last time you posted it, but I was screwing it up because I would go to Carl's phone, login and then select the other person's phone and try to set it there. Once I realized I could do anyone's phone from anywhere, it became clear to me what I needed to do.

Thanks again :)

Thanks, I did wonder why you asked again. Like you didn't trust me. lol

Adversity is Opportunity

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back