Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Getting MS Exchange prompts when I launch GroupWise 5.5

Status
Not open for further replies.

klilman

MIS
Dec 28, 2001
US
Hi All,

I am using GroupWise 5.5 on W2K. Everytime I opened GroupWise, I get a window prompting me for MS Exchange Server info. Has anyone seen this message before? Please help!! Thanks.

Did you download and install Windows Messaging (WMS) from the Novell site? Go to Mail under the control panel and click the Show Profiles button - It should show Novell as the default messaging system to use.

To add to rjs...

If you have anything listed in this box with Exchange, remove it.

Good Luck!

Yeah I have had that problem too. To add to what the others have said . . .

I have had some issues but all worked out in the end. This is the order of operations that worked for me most of the time.
1. Install newest Novell Client on PC.
2. Install Windows Messaging NTWMS.EXE.
3. Install GW client 5.5.4 or higher,
4. If anything goes wrong, and it has, I had to completely uninstall NTWMS & GW (sometimes even using the cleanup tool for GW), and then trying it all over again.

Hope some of this helps - much of it is a repeat of what others have said, but just letting you know that it can and should work. Keep trying and good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back