Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Getting messages I shouldn't

Status
Not open for further replies.

jenmay

Technical User
Mar 12, 2004
US
Hey, if you have any ideas or suggestions, I would REALLY appreciate your help.

Here's the problem....I have been randomly getting e-mails from my boss that I shouldn't be getting. He is not BCCing me and my name is not in the TO field. When I asked him why he was sending me this stuff, he said that he has had several clients and other associates tell him the same thing.
So, here's what I know. I, as well as at least 4 other people, are getting e-mails from him that we shouldn't be getting. We don't get every e-mail, just random ones. And, we don't even necessarily get the same ones. One guy will get one message, I will get the next, and no one (that we know of) will get the third. He is the only one in the office that this is happening to.
I already ran a virus scan on his computer, and although it did find the beagle virus (which should be expired already anyway), it is still happening.
This happened before about two months ago to the same individual and at the time, due to a complete lack of time, I simply uninstalled and reinstalled Outlook Express. That took care of the problem then, but now it is back.
I also already checked for any rules that may have been set up. It is happening whether it is a reply, forward, or a new message.
I have no idea what is going on.
Any suggestions?
Thanks in advance!

Jenny May

hmm is your boss sending the email to a group? are the emails lagitamate emails or could they be fake emails from an infected computer?

Varies with each message. In some, he is simply replying to one individual. In others, he is forwarding to a couple of members of our sales team. And finally, some are composed to be sent to one or more individuals.
That's my problem with this.....there is no method to this madness!!
And, yes they are legit.

Jenny May

that is strange unless its the user causing the issue some how. maybe somone else has come across a simular issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back