Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Getting Margin Error MSG in Word

Status
Not open for further replies.

scauser

Technical User
Aug 9, 2002
US
"The margins of section 1 are set outside the printable area of the page. Do you want to continue? (Yes or No)"

This error appeared on a document that I created from scratch. One minute it looked and printed fine, but after making a few minor edits, kablooie -- the margins shift strangely, and not all the information prints.

Any help on this is greatly appreciated!!

Thanks!

Did you change printers?

I believe that when you set the margins to 0" then that error will occur. If you go into page setup and set the margins to zero, an error message box will ask whether you want Word to correct the margins. If you select yes then it should correct the margins to whatever margins your printer will accept.

HTH,
Eric

I've had/have this problem as well. It's intermitant but often (several times a week between 8 -10 users). Mostly (maybe always) with an HP LJ4000 printer, using Office Word 2002 and Windows XP Pro. After getting this message the bottom of the document fails to print.

Can't find a solution anywhere! Any and all help would be greatly appreciated.

I've tried various printer drivers but nothing seems to help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back