Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Getting Job Info from Logs 2

Status
Not open for further replies.

ekramer

Programmer
Oct 26, 2000
US
I need to get information from the log files to use as input for in-house tape librarian software program. I have two questions:

(1) There do not seem to be any job numbers assigned in the log. How can I tell to which job a message belongs?

(2) In the log, is there any way to determine on which tape(s) a particular save set was written?

Hi there,

There are no job listings per say. What you could do, is open the &quot;savegrp.log&quot; on the Networker Server, with word pad and do a search for the <groupname> that you wish to view the stats for. You will notice something like this:
Oct 20 19:00:01 clnt_backup.city.london.on.ca: NetWorker Savegroup: (info) starting 1900-W-F (with 11 client(s))
directly underneath, or very close to the above, you should see the start time and Finish time, then follows each of the servers with the respective save sets.

If you make a copy of the \\win32app\nsr\logs\daemon.log , because it's in use, and open the copy with wordpad, you can see what saveset wrote to what tape. I don't know a more reliable, quicker way than this.

Hope this is helpful. :)

CF

I use mminfo to grab that information. try this: mminfo -s server name -V -ocn -t &quot;yesterday&quot; -r &quot;space (7), volume (35), space(7), client (35), space(7), totalsize (30), space(7), level (20), space(7), name (100), space(7), savetime (30)&quot; >> today.txt
This will give you a list of all savesets and the volumes they are on. the numbers in ( ) represent spaces between each so I can import it into excel as a space delimited file. You can read the manual for more information on mminfo. The best one to view is the uxag.pdf (manual for UNIX); this explains the comand line options much better than the NT manual. Don't worry about playing with mminfo bcuz it doesn't effect the NSR database it just gets information from it. You can also play with nsrinfo as well.
Let me know how this goes.

This script is very helpful but is there an easy way to take it a step further. I don't want to know what tapes are used but I would like all of the size info combined for a particular backup client and save set.

For example:

myserver C:\ 2000
myserver D:\ 16000
myserver REGISTRY:\ 52

Wouldn't have to show it MB or GB, kb would be fine but would like it wrapped up (savesets totaled) like the GUI in the speed of a command line and be able to pull the information into a spreadsheet.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back