Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Getting java error message.

Status
Not open for further replies.

kingfishsj

Technical User
Aug 1, 2003
US
Hello,
1) Here is the page I am working on.
As you can see the links to the 2 applets give this error message - "Object doesn't support this property or method"
On this page everything works.
The difference between the 2 pages is in 3658 the html file and the rest of the files are in different folders. So the links to show this. 3685/kitchen.ivr instead of kitchen.ivr. This works for the the 4 still shots but the 2 applets show the error message. In 3685/3685c all the files are in the same folder. I need the files to be in separate folders. How can I fix this?

2) I used the <div id=preload style=&quot;display:none&quot;> code to preload the files. Does this method work. I noticed in the applets have to load everytime.

3) Is there anyway to make the cursor change to the hand on mouse over the links?

Thank You.

To help you out with number 3).. here is a code example of returning to a previous page where the cursor will change depending on the browser used... The &quot;hand&quot; is IE only, &quot;pointer&quot; is NS, and when not sure use &quot;default&quot; for the cursor style..

This part goes in the between the <head></head> tags

<script language=&quot;JavaScript&quot;>
<!--
function myPara_onmouseout()
{
var myPara = document.getElementById(&quot;DynamicText&quot;);
myPara.firstChild.nodeValue = &quot;Return To Previous Page&quot;;
myPara.style.color = &quot;White&quot;
myPara.style.fontWeight = &quot;&quot;
}

function myPara_onmouseover()
{
var myPara = document.getElementById(&quot;DynamicText&quot;);
var browser_name = navigator.appName;
var browser_version = parseFloat(navigator.appVersion);
myPara.firstChild.nodeValue = &quot;Return To Previous Page&quot;;
myPara.style.color = &quot;306898&quot;
myPara.style.fontWeight = &quot;Bold&quot;
if (browser_name == &quot;Microsoft Internet Explorer&quot; && browser_version >= 4.0 )
{
myPara.style.cursor = &quot;hand&quot;;
}
else if (browser_name == &quot;NETSCAPE&quot; && browser_version >= 4.0)
{
myPara.style.cursor = &quot;pointer&quot;;
}
else
{
myPara.style.cursor = &quot;default&quot;
}
}

then do something like this in your HTML between the <body></body> tags

<P ID=&quot;DynamicText&quot; onmouseout=&quot;return myPara_onmouseout()&quot;
onmouseover=&quot;return myPara_onmouseover()&quot; onclick=&quot;return prev()&quot; align=&quot;center&quot;>
Return To Previous Page

as for your other questions you may want to post them in the java forum rather than the javascript forum.

Good Luck,
Brian

well the page loaded perfectly for me...

Known is handfull, Unknown is worldfull

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back