Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Getting into the MSC Programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

ski1535

IS-IT--Management
Jun 17, 2008
US
I have no harddrive in the BCM 1000 ver 3.6 however all the telephony works, extension in and outbound calling. I want to view the programing for the msc to retrieve keycodes and programming. How can I get into the programming? Can I use a null modem cable and laptop, if so how?

You will not be able to access that info through the serial connection. You can use telset, and Ftr9*8

Adversity is Opportunity

You can use a serial connection and telnet on a 3.6. Nortel does not recommend using telset due to data corruption. You won't be able to use Feature 9*8. That wasn't available until Nortel changed to Linux based (BCM50 and BCM 4.0). But Dewey is correct that you will not be able to see telephony programming through the serial or telnet. You must launch a web browser and put in IP adress:6800.

SHK Certified (School of Hard Knocks)
NCSS

Digitel is correct that Ftr9*8 won't work, I assumed 4.0, eventhough you clearly state 3.6. But, I have never had any data corruption with telset on 3.0-3.7. Especially, since your behind the eight ball. Plus, your just trying retrieve data, not change anything.

Ftr**system.

Adversity is Opportunity

I do not have a harddrive on the machine so trying to get the BCM through an IP is not an option.

it hangs at the password screen

Enter the normal Norstar CONFIG password.

Adversity is Opportunity

That sucks. It will take forever to copy the programming.

No need to take it thru telset. Install a 3.6 image on a blank hard drive using the BIT image tool, re-initialize it and you'll be able to access the bcm thru unified manager.

I do not have a 3.6 image or a bit tool, any idea where I can get it?

On Nortel website, but you need to be a Nortel reseller and have a contract with them.

HI you can use feature ** system {spell out on key pad} as an access to msc card , and password 266344 {config}

this takes you to telphone config on 3.x versions of bcm.

j

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back