Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Getting HP server "as shipped confic" information

Status
Not open for further replies.

ABOzIT

IS-IT--Management
May 1, 2003
JP
I have a couple of Proliant servers in storage at a remote location and now need to determine which one is suitable for a new role.

I'm trying to find a way to obtain the "as shipped configuration" of these server without having to get them racked and turned on.

I've been searching the HP site for a page where I can enter the product ID and serial number and it will tell me the config when it was shipped. I can find the warranty status using the same method but not the config info.

If they were Dell servers it would be simple as their web support page is awesome but HP's is way too clunky and hard to find stuff.

Any assistance or links would be appreciated!

Thanks!

Best you are probably going to get is from the Product ID. HP tend to do 3 models of each server if not built to order, Base, Performance and Entry. e.g. DL360 G7 performance is 579239-xx1 and base is 579240-xx1 or 579241-xx depending on CPU. And where xx is a country code.

I'd get your product code and search for that in the HP QuickSpecs, inserting the -xx. If you can't find a relevant article then download the HP product bulletin which contains all current and retired models.

Neill

get me the PID (Neill had mentioned to you).. You can put in the serial# in partsurfer.hp.com and it will give you the PID. Or look at the system..depending on the model of unit it may be on the top or pull out tab.

I can tell you what was the base config for the units as long as it was not built to order or COD.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back