Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Getting groupwise to respond to a mailto call

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rilez

Programmer
Jun 15, 2001
GB
How can I get groupwise to open a new mail message to the mail address in a mailto tag? I just need to know which switches to use as I have figured out how to open the program itself. There is nothing in the help file AFAIK so any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

Paul Riley

Thanks for the tip. I have tried it. It seems to work although the real question will be when it gets installed on the citrix metaframe server.

PS does anyone know of a way of getting that proggy to work with links where the subject is included ( <a href=&quot;pleh@pleh.com?SUBJECT=big%20flying%20fish&quot; is the link but that just goes straight in the destination field)

Rilez:
You wrote &quot;[...]I have figured out how to open the program itself.[...]&quot;
What I need to know is how do I get GroupWise to respond as the standard MAPI mailer? GroupWise is our internal mailing system, but for external email we use Outlook Express (don't say anything, it's not my fault ;). And whenever an application wants to send an email it opens Outlook Express, where it should open GroupWise. Got any idea?

FarOutGuy: You must install windows messaging from the GWClient directory under client\win32\wms, then in the control panel go tot he section for Mail, click on the delivery tab and set your delivery order.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back