Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

getting google to recheck the site

Status
Not open for further replies.

peasepud

Programmer
Jul 20, 2007
Hi all,

I have been developing a new site for a customer and for the 1st time have really worked on getting the SEO right which means working each day on review and amend the content to make the most of it.

is there a way however of getting google to reanalyse the site regularly? it shows in google webmaster that it was last indexed on the 17th (not long ago I know but Im impatient!), the awstats show that googlebot visits every day but the cache version is from the 17th.

My sitemap originally showed my index page as <changefreq> yearly but Ive now changed that and others to daily while I work on it.

Any help or tips on how to get google to re-index it would be appreciated.

Nope, not really.
The sitemap thing might help but you generally just have to wait.

--
Tek-Tips Forums is Member Supported. Click Here to donate

<honk>*:O)</honk>

Tyres: Mine's a pint of the black stuff.
Mike: You can't drink a pint of Bovril.

is that right though?

its in the first two pages for the main half a dozen search terms for that area within a month of going live.

You will probably find that the positions will bounce up and down for a while. 6-12 months sounds a little extreme but I have had sites that take that long - I've also had sites that seem to settle more quickly.
Most of my work is redesigns/rebuilds of existing sites though.

--
Tek-Tips Forums is Member Supported. Click Here to donate

<honk>*:O)</honk>

Tyres: Mine's a pint of the black stuff.
Mike: You can't drink a pint of Bovril.

It has always been that pages from new sites will be in the SERP quite highly for what are often very competitive words/phrases, they then drop down (or out) within 4 to 8 weeks.

The "aging delay" that google has on new sites, which actually appears to be a IBL analysis period, does take up to 12 months for competitive terms. "Long tail" and the more obscure phrases may start appearing at 3 - 6 months though.

Chris.

Indifference will be the downfall of mankind, but who cares?
Woo Hoo! the cobblers kids get new shoes.
People Counting Systems

So long, and thanks for all the fish.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back